July 24, 2016
Part 1: To Eat or Not to Eat
Hasn’t everyone dreamt of the land of sweets? That’s one dream come true in Jodhpur. You name it, they’ve got it: from Italian to Indian to Chinese, and all around the globe. Today I had so much though, and it was still not enough.
- Poha: A popular Indian breakfast dish; so popular in my family that I think I may have POS: Poha Overdose Syndrome.
- Chocolate Hershey’s Kisses
- Dosa: An explanation given to me by a friend when I was in second grade: (and it’s stayed with me forever) Indian Pancakes.
- Homemade Biscuit Cake
- Hershey’s Cookies and Cream Bar
- Pani Puri: Jodhpur ki shaan, Jodhpur ki jaan, Pani puri aur paan! Which means: “Jodhpur’s pride, Jodhpur’s life, Pani puri and paan”
- Butterscotch Ice Cream
- Chocolate and Mango Pastry
- Pav Bhaji: my favorite Indian dish
However, I missed out on the actual sweets, like jalebi, rasgulla, gulab jamun, ladoo, etc. (Yes, my goal here is to bring water to your mouths.)
Part 2: For the First Time in Forever…
…it rained. The roaring pit-pats on the shade aroused my curiosity. Because it had not rained since I’ve gotten here, I was astonished when I noticed the streets below getting wetter and wetter by the minute. To witness the rain, I stepped outside into the balcony where the aroma of rain hit me. It was beautiful: the freshness in the air. The scent one can never forget.